Friday, November 19, 2010

A Hundred Random Strangers

There is a me in me that loves the idea of walking up to perfect strangers, saying "Hi" and having a normal intellectual, stupid, funny, loud, hilarious conversation with them. That me has been dormant for so long that I do not even know if that me exists anymore. This blog is my attempt to find if that me ever existed in the first place. This ID, this blog, the twitter account is my attempt at trying to meet a hundred perfect strangers online and trying to have perfectly sane, meaningful conversations with them.

So here is the deal. By the end of next year, I am going to use this blog to get to know 100 complete strangers that I did not know before. And by know I do not mean, you follow me on twitter, I follow you back, kind of knowing. By knowing I mean connecting. Listening. Helping. Understanding. Exchanging Ideas. You know the stuff that you do in "Real Life" and not the Web 2.0 Social Networks.

How I plan on stumbling upon this 100 people to have online conversations with is a completely different challenge. I realize that I am going to have to frequent twitter. I realize that I am going to have to stalk follow you on Twitter.  I am going to have to be friends with you on Facebook. So the next time you are in a Yahoo Chat Rooms having a discussion on something and a random stranger chimes in, says Hi and starts expressing his opinions, you know its me, and you are one of those hundred interesting people I planned on meeting in this journey.

The Journey has begun. The first mile stone, a hundred really interesting people.

Are you one of them?

Hi! Make yourself comfortable. More content will show up here soon and then you can decide if our interests coincide enough for us to have a meaningful conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment